Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spontaneity

Today was quite the spontaneous day for me. It began with me having nothing to do or anywhere to go, but then one of my friends, Anthony called and we decided to go up to Manistee and have some lunch at pizza hut with Angela, since she's stuck in the office all day on a rather decent day. After a great lunch and a time of hanging out, Angela went back to work, and Anthony and I decided to go up to camp and say hey, since we were close to it already, and the weather was so marvelous.
Once there, we walked around and I showed him around camp and the different buildings we had and some of the ropes elements. We walked around the woods and checked out some of the ropes stuff, as well as watched spring bloom all around us as the creek flowed through the back 40 and birds were flocking and singing about all around us. It was a great time. On our way back, we stopped in to see Eric and found out he was headed to Traverse City with Daniel for the day, and we decided to tag along there too...
After spending the rest of the evening shopping and hanging around Traverse City, we decided to head back to camp and call it a day. It was a day that went from no plans to a full day of fun and having fun on a gorgeous day.
I love those spontaneous times in life where you have no clue what is around the corner, but you know it's going to be good. I really feel that way about the next six months of life right now, with Dominican, Camp and going into my new degree at school in the fall. I have little clue as to what to expect, but I know it's going to be an amazing journey. God has truly called me to each of the things I have to look forward to, and if He brings me to it, He'll bring me through it! I'm quite excited for what life has to throw at me right now... Pin It

No comments: