Thursday, May 24, 2012

Smash Booking: A New Craze?

So I've recently been intrigued by this apparently not-so-new scrapbooking style called Smash Booking. I must admit, I am an avid scrapbooker who uses anything and everything in my books and receives some of the best comments and cringes from fellow scrapbookers who either admire or worry about my work. Smash booking, however is right up my alley.

I ran across many pins for this on Pinterest, and at first glance, my belief was the "slambook" you see on "Mean Girls". But upon further investigation, I saw it's a very creative scrapbook junk drawer for anything you want.

Too bad I didn't know about this before I began wedding/reception planning. I have a composition book I kept notes in, but definitely nothing as cool as this. I cut out tips for invitations, food, decor, favors, etc and kept them in a folder, but having a Smash Book to put them in would have been neat, plus I could have kept it for years to come. =) I might still make one.

Check out the Smash Book youtube link to educate yourself further about the book if you want.

Here are some of the cool lay-outs and inspirations I found on them too:


There are some fun things sold for the Smash Book too. I'd probably use a lot of my scrapbook stuff I already have accumulated over the years.

This is probably a hobby I'll end up getting into very soon. =) I could have a book for so many areas of my life. What a fun, way to journal and keep ideas and cool things you come across in magazines, or to keep movie ticket stubs, cards, whatever in! Pin It

No comments: