Thursday, April 16, 2009

Anticipation

For the past couple nights I've tossed and turned, thinking and anticipating. I will be on a plane, bound for the Dominican Republic in exactly a week! I can't believe where the time has gone. I remember when I started the official countdown at like 70 days, and that didn't seem that far away from today. My tossing and turning was mostly out of excitement, but I can't lie, there was some apprehension in there as well. I'm so excited to be there and serving in a way that is extraordinary and amazing. I'm apprehensive about little things, like spiders and health issues, I guess. Things I know that are in God's control and that He can take care of.
I'm also going to Chicago this weekend, which brings a whole new package of excitement and nervousness. I'm so excited to see friends and hang out with people I haven't been around in awhile, but also nervous that I'm missing our last Dominican meeting and the send off on Sunday. Chicago has always made me a little nervous, just because I'm a sensitive person and walking down the streets there sometimes scare me to death. I love to visit, but I never could live there.
These two trip, I'm sure will bring a great time of fellowship and growth though. Dominican will grow me in ways I can't even anticipate now. I always come home changed, new and refreshed though. God has amazing plans for me and the rest of my team! Pin It

No comments: